Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan Thunder S2882 with m3289 bmc module

From: Jan Tiri
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan Thunder S2882 with m3289 bmc module
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:10:10 +0100 (CET)

> Hi Jan,
>
> Hmmmm.  Can you try turning md5 on for the User privilege level too to
> see if that works?  The power control operations on, off, cycle, reset
> require Operator privilege, but power status queries require User
> privilege.  So if User authentication w/ md5 isn't enabled, I think that
> is what will cause your connection problems.

I changed all types to Auth_Type_Md5 allowed only and it seems to work.
However, subsequent changes (bmc-config -i) don't seem to change anything,
I tried both the import and key-pair parameter. So now my config is stuck
with some test settings :(

> This is something that has been fixed in later ipmipower releases.  If
> you'd like a backported version/patch, PLMK.

Please be my guest, I will be pleased to beta test as much as possible.

Another strange thing; my ipmi board now only reacts when the power is
off. If my kernel crashes for whatever reason, I'm not able to reset the
machine. I guess this isn't really normal behaviour ...

response timed out: rq_seq=0
response received from 192.168.1.100: rq_seq=1, auth: none=clear md2=clear
md5=set passwd=clear oem=clear permsg=clear user=clear
response received from 192.168.1.100: rq_seq=2, auth: none=clear md2=clear
md5=set passwd=clear oem=clear permsg=clear user=clear

Kind regards,
Jan