[Freeipmi-users] FreeIPMI 0.1.3 on IBM x336

From: Avnindra Singh
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] FreeIPMI 0.1.3 on IBM x336
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:45:34 +0530

Hi,
I'm currently trying to make FreeIMPI work on IBM x series 346 which claims IMPI compatibiltiy.
1. Compiled and installed freeipmi.
2. Found sms base address using dmidecode utility.
which is returned as:
Handle 0x0035
      DMI type 38, 18 bytes.
      IPMI Device Information
              Interface Type: KCS (Keyboard Control Style)
              Specification Version: 1.5
              I2C Slave Address: 0x10
              NV Storage Device: Not Present
              *Base Address: 0x0000000000000CA8 (I/O)*
              Register Spacing: 32-bit Boundaries
using this base address modified the fish.scm in /usr/local/etc/fish/fish.scm
bash-2.04# cat /usr/local/etc/fish/fish.scm
;; fish.scm: default fish configuration scm

;; Customize Fish:
(fi-set-prompt! "myprompt# ")

;; Set driver SMS IO Base port
(fi-set-sms-io-base! #x0CA8)

3. Ran bmc-info
It hangs without producing any results.

Invoked fish
#/usr/local/sbin/fish
bash-2.04# /usr/local/sbin/fish
FreeIPMI Shell [fish-0.1.3]
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 FreeIPMI Core Team
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
myprompt#
At the fish prompt called, which gives bmc-info.
# eval (fi-kcs-get-dev-id-display)
At this point fish hangs.

Enabled debug and ran fish under gdb.
Put breakpoint at ipmi_kcs_wait_for_ibf_clear
It just gets stuck in while loop in this function, sms_io_base variable, which is set initially 0xca8 somehow gets changed to 0xbfbf under this function.

I wonder how sms_io_base gets changed to some other value?
Can somebody tell me what else can I do to further debug? I'll promptly provide any other info needed.

Thanks in advance,
Avnindra