[Freeipmi-users] Tyan 2881 SMDC Card Setup

From: Dennis Cartier
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan 2881 SMDC Card Setup
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:21:21 -0500

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a number of S2881 and S2882 systems.
I followed the how-to that was posted (on the list) and had no trouble
with the S2882 systems, but have been unable to get the S2881 systems
working.

First let me just say, the Tyan docs on this are terrible. I have some
SuperMicro systems that I have recently setup up (thought not with
FreeIPMI yet) and they were a peice of cake.

When using the util.exe program, the S2881 systems show:

The BMC Firmware is in Update Mode
You only allow update the firmware or reset the BMC please
......press any key to continue

On the 2882 systems I was able to use the util.exe program to set the
IP address of the SMDC card, but this is greyed out the 2881 systems.
Has anyone seen this or have any idea of what I need to do to get the
2881 systems setup correctly?

I thought I would appeal to the list before going back to Tyan as it
would probably the path of least resistence.

Thanks for any insight you might have.

Dennis