Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan 2881 SMDC Card Setup

From: Bala.A
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan 2881 SMDC Card Setup
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:59:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi Dennis

> Well, I was finally able to get this working on the 2881.
> Unfortunately I am not 100% certain of what the fix was. I think that
> the 1.74 firmware version as shipped on the Tyan CD was not identical
> to the 1.74 firmware version as linked from the how-to on the list. I
> tried to use the CD version as the systems I have, have no floppy
> drives, but once I removed the IPMI card and tried it from a system
> with a floppy drive, I was able to flash it and get rid of the

Thanks for information about IPMI on S2881/S2882 motherboard.

> I also noticed that you have to use the Broadcom utility to set the IP
> rather than the util.exe like the 2882 systems use. Once this was
> done, the 2881 units are working with FreeIPMI.

This is known for Tyan S5350 motherboard, which is using broadcom network
interface.  Nowadays I don't have access to S2881 machine and I haven't
tried with the latest BIOS/Firmware of S2881 motherboard.

I will update the HOW-TO with your info.

Thanks,

Best Regards
Bala

--