Re: [Freeipmi-users] fish crashes with "Segmentation fault" at startup

From: robm_campbell
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] fish crashes with "Segmentation fault" at startup
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:09:09 +0000

Hi, Albert.

Problem solved ! Well, one of them anyway ...

The trouble was that my chroot'ed environment and the target system were
just a bit too minimal. When fish starts up it checks to see what the home
directory of the current user is (in fi-utils.c, get_home_directory). Because
I had no /etc/nsswitch.conf (set to use files for all) and no
/lib/libnss_files.so.2,
get_home_directory returned NULL which the strlen in get_config_directory
didn't like at all !

I now get a 'fish#' prompt on my target system.

Having copied /usr/local/etc/fish/fish/scm over the blank file,
/root/.fish/fish.scm
(I'm running as root) I dont get any output from bmc-info. Is there anything
else I should do to configure freeipmi ?

Thanks,
Rob

Unlimited Tiscali Broadband from 14.99!