Re: [Freeipmi-users] OK, i give...

From: Karl Hanzel
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] OK, i give...
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:18:25 -0700 (MST)

Anand -

You had asked for output from 'bmc-info'... Here's what i have from one of our systems:

---
Device ID:         0
Device Revision:   1
                   [SDR Support]
Firmware Revision: 1.77
                   [Device Available (normal operation)]
IPMI Version:      1.5
Additional Device Support:
                   [Sensor Device]
                   [SDR Repository Device]
                   [SEL Device]
                   [FRU Inventory Device]
                   [IPMB Event Receiver]
                   [IPMB Event Generator]
                   [Chassis Device]
Manufacturer ID:   10019FDh
Product ID:        B41h
Aux Firmware Revision Info: 0h
Channel Information:
       Channel No: 0
      Medium Type: IPMB (I2C)
    Protocol Type: IPMB-1.0
       Channel No: 2
      Medium Type: 802.3 LAN
    Protocol Type: IPMB-1.0
       Channel No: 4
      Medium Type: Asynch. Serial/Modem (RS-232)
    Protocol Type: TMODE
       Channel No: 7
      Medium Type: 802.3 LAN
    Protocol Type: IPMB-1.0
---

We worked with Tyan team to fix BMC firmware issues on this board. I have deployed lot of systems with this motherboard. I will upload the firmware later today and send you the link and update notes.

OK, thanks.

At the recommendation of Luan Ha at California Digital (the supplier of our systems), i am using freeipmi-0.2.0, from source code that he sent me.

At present, i am also working with Luan to diagnose an issue that might be related to IPMI, whereby some of our systems mysteriously power themselves up at midnight, when left off and unattended. It's not 100% reliable that they do this. I'm experimenting now to completely disconnect the daughter card to see if this "solves" the problem.

*----->