[Freeipmi-users] Re: Help Needed FreeIPMI

From: Bala.A
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Re: Help Needed FreeIPMI
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:12:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi Abhishek,

> I have FreeIPMI-0.1.3 version on my client and server machine.I have some
> problems regarding FISH.
>
> 1.Does Fish works over the LAN as IPMIPING and IPMIPOWER.
>
> 2.In gnu ipmi Documentation it is given that Fish works inband as well as
> outband.But i m unable to find out any fish option to connect to remote
> machine and get information about that machine.
>
> 3.Only Discover command works over the LAN.
>
> 4. sir i didnt found any command of fish in document which works over the
> LAN.

In FreeIPMI v0.1.3, ipmipower/ipmiping/rmcpping work over LAN, others work
only with KCS interface (In-band access only).

Our recent QA release FreeIPMI v0.2.0-beta0 tools work over LAN too.
You can get it from
ftp://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/freeipmi/qa-release/freeipmi-0.2.0-beta0.tar.gz

check it and let me know if you have any problem.

Thanks,

Bala