Re: [Fwd: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Intel SE7210TP1-E]

From: Tim
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Intel SE7210TP1-E]
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 09:23:47 -0700

Albert Chu wrote:

I was able to get info remotely.. but it has some issues. Sometimes it will just hangs.

I've submitted this bug to Bala.  Bala, do you think we can get a fix
pretty soon?  Then I can make a FreeIPMI 0.2.2 release?  I will see if I
can come up with a fix soon as well.
And I get this error: ipmi_open_outofband(): Input/output error

Do you get this error all of the time?  Or just sometimes?  Sometimes
would align with my bug suspicions.

Probing SSIF device using SMBIOS... done
IPMI Version: 1.5
IPMI locate driver: SMBIOS
IPMI locate driver: 0
IPMI interface: SSIF
BMC I2C device: (null)
BMC SMBUS slave address: 4
Register space: 0

Yup, it's SSIF.  Bala, how difficult do you think it'll be to debug the
SSIF problems since it's never been tested?

925-422-5311