Re: [Freeipmi-users] Cat ate fish during bmc-config

From: Frank Hempel
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Cat ate fish during bmc-config
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:31:04 +0200

That's it man! With the change it worked.

Thank you!

cu, Frank.

Albert Chu schrieb:
Hi Frank,

Hmmm, it's erroring out before the checkout of the parameter
"Lan_Privilege_Limit".  And the string-capitalize indicates there was an
error in the input.
Hmmm.  I suppose it's possible the privilege level limit is invalid and
doesn't map to a value correctly, thus bmc-config errors out.  I'll
submit a bug for the other FreeIPMI developers that work on that part of
the code.

In the meantime, could you try tweaking the code to give it a shot? (or
if you want, just holler and I'll build you a test rpm.)

Modify fish/extensions/bc-common.scm and change

(define privilege-limit-values '(("callback"        . 1)
                                 ("user"            . 2)
<SNIP>
                                 ("no_access"       . #xF)))

(define privilege-limit-values '(("reserved"        . 0)
                                 ("callback"        . 1)
                                 ("user"            . 2)
<SNIP>
                                 ("no_access"       . #xF)))

then reinstall of course.

My current bet is the default config of your BMC is invalid, and thus
confuses bmc-config.

Thanks,