[Freeipmi-users] Authentication, problems and funny things

From: Massimiliano Masi
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Authentication, problems and funny things
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:11:32 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a BMC with an Intel 6300ESB (the same as
the mail of 3 days ago).

The authentication seems to work perfectly.

I've setup the auth with Ipmitool, since the bmc-config --commit was not
able to update my configuration.

So I've this users:

address@hidden:~/MASSI/sw/sbin# ../bin/ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.0.14 chassis
power off
Password:       <<< INCORRECT PASS HERE
Activate Session command failed
Error: Unable to establish LAN session
ipmi_lan_send_cmd failed to open intf
Unable to set Chassis Power Control to Down/Off
address@hidden:~/MASSI/sw/sbin# ../bin/ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.0.14 chassis
power off
Password:       <<< CORRECT PASS HERE
Chassis Power Control: Down/Off

It's OK, but FreeIPMI doesn't care about the authentication, so I'm able to
boot the machine without any pass:

address@hidden:~/MASSI/sw/sbin# ./ipmipower -h 192.168.0.14 --on
192.168.0.14: ok
address@hidden:~/MASSI/sw/sbin# ./ipmipower -h 192.168.0.14 --stat
192.168.0.14: on

:-)

Any ideas??? I've this users:

address@hidden:~/MASSI/sw/sbin# ../bin/ipmitool -I lan -H 192.168.0.14 user
list 1
Password:
ID  Name             Callin  Link Auth  IPMI Msg   Channel Priv Limit
1                    false   true       true       ADMINISTRATOR
2   ADMIN            true    false      false      ADMINISTRATOR
3   max              false   false      false      NO ACCESS
4   admin            true    false      false      NO ACCESS
5   max              true    false      false      NO ACCESS
10  max              true    false      false      NO ACCESS

--
Massimiliano Masi

http://gauss.comunidelchianti.it/~max