Re: [Freeipmi-users] FreeIPMI-0.3.0 on FreeBSD 6.1: ipmi-sensors- sdr-ca

From: Dmitry Frolov
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] FreeIPMI-0.3.0 on FreeBSD 6.1: ipmi-sensors- sdr-cache directory initialization fails
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:04:50 +0600

* Anand Babu <address@hidden> [06.12.2006 22:27]:

Yopt! ------------------------^^^^^^^^^

> |    4488 ipmi-sensors RET access -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
> |   4488 ipmi-sensors CALL  mkdir(0x520380,0x1c0)
> |   4488 ipmi-sensors NAMI  "/tmp/.freeipmi-vcr"
> |   4488 ipmi-sensors RET   mkdir -1 errno 17 File exists
> |   4488 ipmi-sensors CALL  write(0x2,0x7fffffffe470,0x2f)
> |   4488 ipmi-sensors GIO   fd 2 wrote 47 bytes
> |        "ipmi-sensors: sdr cache directory setup failed
> |        "
> |   4488 ipmi-sensors RET   write 47/0x2f
> |   4488 ipmi-sensors CALL  exit(0x1)
> `----
>
> This is a bug. Thanks for helping us find it. In your case your home
> dir of user "vcr" is not writable. So it opts for /tmp/.freeipmi-vcr
> dir which already exist. Bug is, if it already exist, it should be
> re-used. Instead it returns error. Bala is fixing it. We will make a
> quick new release of this branch.

That's not the only problem. There is also a bug in FreeBSD: although
_SC_GETPW_R_SIZE_MAX is defined, actual sysconf variable is not
implemented, sysconf(_SC_GETPW_R_SIZE_MAX) returns -1, this value is
later passed to alloca(), and the result is passed to getpwuid_r, which
causes it to fail in a strange way, marked above with "Yopt!".

This bug is only arises on FreeBSD/amd64, somehow it is passed through
on 32bit arch.

> For time being you can try to remove /tmp.freeipmi-vcr by hand and run
> ipmi-sensors. But problem is it will try to fetch SDR freshly every
> time. Or you can make your home dir writable for time being.
>
> --
> Anand Babu
> GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31
> Blog [http://ab.freeshell.org]
> The GNU Operating System [http://www.gnu.org]

    wbr&w, dmitry.
--
Dmitry Frolov <address@hidden>
RISS-Telecom Network, Novosibirsk, Russia