Re: [Freeipmi-users] "Connection timed out" error

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] "Connection timed out" error
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:38:22 -0700

Hey Dave,

Sorry that FreeIPMI couldn't be of use for you on the HP's.  Both
Ipmitool and FreeIPMI have had to struggle with these random non-
compliance issues from vendors.

I don't think we can add 2.0 session support in a few weeks.  It's
probably going to have to be for our 0.5.0 release when we re-architect
libfreeipmi.  Sorry :-(

If you have a support contract with HP, perhaps you can submit a ticket
with them on this problem.  In order for Ipmi to be better across
vendors, I think its the users that have to complain and let them know
this is not acceptable.  Not much can really be done when vendors only
want to support their vendor provided software against what should be a
industry standard.

Thanks,
Al