[Freeipmi-users] freeipmi 0.3.3 on a dell poweredge 2950

From: TestmailBBnewcop
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi 0.3.3 on a dell poweredge 2950
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:24:37 +0200

Hello
i'm testing freeipmi 0.3.3 on a freebsd 6.2 server (dell poweredge 2950).
Freeipmi was installed from ports and der is no newer version there at the moment.
ipmi-locate gives me the following:
--------------------------<snip>------------------------------
FILTER3.GGAMAUR.NET # ipmi-locate
Probing KCS device using DMIDECODE... done
IPMI Version: 2.0
IPMI locate driver: DMIDECODE
IPMI interface: KCS
BMC driver device:
BMC I/O base address: CA8
Register space: 4

Probing SMIC device using DMIDECODE... FAILED
Probing BT device using DMIDECODE... FAILED
Probing SSIF device using DMIDECODE... FAILED
Probing KCS device using SMBIOS... FAILED
Probing SMIC device using SMBIOS... FAILED
Probing BT device using SMBIOS... FAILED
Probing SSIF device using SMBIOS... FAILED
Probing KCS device using ACPI... FAILED
Probing SMIC device using ACPI... FAILED
Probing BT device using ACPI... FAILED
Probing SSIF device using ACPI... FAILED
Probing KCS device using PCI... FAILED
Probing SMIC device using PCI... FAILED
Probing BT device using PCI... FAILED
Probing SSIF device using PCI... FAILED

KCS device default values:
IPMI Version: 1.5
IPMI locate driver: DEFAULT
IPMI interface: KCS
BMC driver device:
BMC I/O base address: CA2
Register space: 1

SMIC device default values:
IPMI Version: 1.5
IPMI locate driver: DEFAULT
IPMI interface: SMIC
BMC driver device:
BMC I/O base address: CA9
Register space: 1

BT device default values:

SSIF device default values:
IPMI Version: 1.5
IPMI locate driver: DEFAULT
IPMI interface: SSIF
BMC driver device: /dev/i2c-0
BMC SMBUS slave address: 42
Register space: 1
--------------------------<snap>------------------------------
And ipmi-sensors that:
FILTER3.GGAMAUR.NET # ipmi-sensors
FAILED: _fread_record: Invalid argument
Fetching SDR repository information... Bus error: 10

I tried the same on an older Dell Poweredge 2600 and there it works without a problem.
Could anybody give me a hint what it could be?

Regards
Florian