Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi 0.3.3 on a dell poweredge 2950

From: TestmailBBnewcop
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi 0.3.3 on a dell poweredge 2950
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:59:34 +0200

Hi Bala

Is there a FreeBSD Port for 0.4.x planned?
I tried it based on the 0.3.3 port but only got error messages during compilation.
But to be honest I didn't spend much time in it.

Regards Florian

Bala.A schrieb:
Hi Florian,

If possible, please try FreeIPMI 0.4.2 which has lot of bug fixes.

Thanks,

Regards,
Bala
---
Free as in freedom
http://www.gnu.org/

Hi Al

thanks for your answer.
ipmi-locate looks a bit different on my poweredge 2600:

--------------------------<snip>------------------------------
Probing KCS device using DMIDECODE... FAILED

Probing SMIC device using DMIDECODE... FAILED

Probing BT device using DMIDECODE... done
IPMI Version: 1.0
IPMI locate driver: DMIDECODE
IPMI interface: BT
BMC driver device:
BMC I/O base address: E4
Register space: 1

Probing SSIF device using DMIDECODE... FAILED
Probing KCS device using SMBIOS... FAILED
Probing SMIC device using SMBIOS... FAILED
Probing BT device using SMBIOS... FAILED
Probing SSIF device using SMBIOS... FAILED
Probing KCS device using ACPI... FAILED
Probing SMIC device using ACPI... FAILED
Probing BT device using ACPI... FAILED
Probing SSIF device using ACPI... FAILED
Probing KCS device using PCI... FAILED
Probing SMIC device using PCI... FAILED
Probing BT device using PCI... FAILED
Probing SSIF device using PCI... FAILED

KCS device default values:
IPMI Version: 1.5
IPMI locate driver: DEFAULT
IPMI interface: KCS
BMC driver device:
BMC I/O base address: CA2
Register space: 1

SMIC device default values:
IPMI Version: 1.5
IPMI locate driver: DEFAULT
IPMI interface: SMIC
BMC driver device:
BMC I/O base address: CA9
Register space: 1

BT device default values:

SSIF device default values:
IPMI Version: 1.5
IPMI locate driver: DEFAULT
IPMI interface: SSIF
BMC driver device: /dev/i2c-0
BMC SMBUS slave address: 42
Register space: 1

--------------------------<snap>------------------------------
I checked it also on a poweredge 2850 and got the same error.
The poweredge 2600 seems to be the only working system.
The differences between 2850 and 2950:
2950:
--------------------------<snip>------------------------------
Probing KCS device using DMIDECODE... done
IPMI Version: 2.0
IPMI locate driver: DMIDECODE
IPMI interface: KCS
BMC driver device:
BMC I/O base address: CA8
Register space: 4
--------------------------<snip>------------------------------

2850:
--------------------------<snip>------------------------------
Probing KCS device using DMIDECODE... done
IPMI Version: 1.5
IPMI locate driver: DMIDECODE
IPMI interface: KCS
BMC driver device:
BMC I/O base address: CA8
Register space: 4
--------------------------<snip>------------------------------

I tried the flush cache option but it didn't solve it.

Florian

Albert Chu schrieb:
Hi Florian,

Out of my curiosity, did ipmi-locate return the same info on the dell
poweredge 2600??

I'm not 100% on what your bug could be right now, but could you also try
to flush the SDR cache using the -f option.  There was a similar fread()
error message on the FreeIPMI 0.4.X trunk that I fixed.  I suppose it's
possible it existed in 0.3.X too.

Al

Hello
i'm testing freeipmi 0.3.3 on a freebsd 6.2 server (dell poweredge
2950).
Freeipmi was installed from ports and der is no newer version there at
the moment.
ipmi-locate gives me the following:
--------------------------<snip>------------------------------
FILTER3.GGAMAUR.NET # ipmi-locate
Probing KCS device using DMIDECODE... done
IPMI Version: 2.0
IPMI locate driver: DMIDECODE
IPMI interface: KCS
BMC driver device:
BMC I/O base address: CA8
Register space: 4

Probing SMIC device using DMIDECODE... FAILED
Probing BT device using DMIDECODE... FAILED
[...]

And ipmi-sensors that:
FILTER3.GGAMAUR.NET # ipmi-sensors
FAILED: _fread_record: Invalid argument
Fetching SDR repository information... Bus error: 10

I tried the same on an older Dell Poweredge 2600 and there it works
without a problem.
Could anybody give me a hint what it could be?

Regards
Florian