[Freeipmi-users] Re: freeipmi on freebsd 4.x

From: Dmitry Frolov
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Re: freeipmi on freebsd 4.x
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:26:00 +0600

* Sharad Chandra <address@hidden> [22.11.2007 18:16]:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your help.
> On one of my system
> # dmidecode
> Handle 0x0027
>         DMI type 38, 18 bytes.
>         IPMI Device Information
>                 Interface Type: Unknown
>                 Specification Version: 0.0
>                 I2C Slave Address: 0x00
>                 NV Storage Device Address: 0
>                 Base Address: 0x0000000000000000 (Memory-mapped)
>                 Register Spacing: Successive Byte Boundaries
>                 Interrupt Polarity: Active Low
>                 Interrupt Trigger Mode: Edge

Output looks strange, Interface Type and Spec Version are not
defined. Here is an output from an Intel board:

IPMI Device Information
        Interface Type: KCS (Keyboard Control Style)
        Specification Version: 2.0
        I2C Slave Address: 0x10
        NV Storage Device: Not Present
        Base Address: 0x0000000000000CA2 (I/O)
        Register Spacing: Successive Byte Boundaries

AFAIK, Supermicro boards support IPMI with an addon cards. Is such a
card present on your system? If so, maybe firmware upgrade will help.

Just a guess...