Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi on freebsd 4.x

From: Sharad Chandra
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi on freebsd 4.x
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:26:59 +0530

Hi,

        I worked today with freeipmi 0.5 beta for 4.x.
See the output from supermicro box.
su-2.04# ./ipmi-sensors
NULL hostname
Fetching SDR repository information... SDR Cache creation failed: ipmi
communication error
su-2.04# ./bmc-info
ipmi_cmd_get_device_id: internal system error

<NULL hostname is my insertion, please ignore>

ipmi-locate is same as previous.

This is working fine on one of IBM box. I attached the work around.
Please have a look of changes in file
freeipmi-0.5.0.beta0/common/src/ipmi-sdr-cache-reads.c
freeipmi-0.5.0.beta0/common/src/ipmi-sdr-cache.c
freeipmi-0.5.0.beta0/ipmidetect/src/ipmidetect/ipmidetect.c

Also i just added few headers to make it work in config.h
/* Define to 1 if you have the <stdint.h> header file. */
/* #undef HAVE_STDINT_H */
#include <inttypes.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <stdarg.h>

Now We have latest freeipmi for freebsd 4.x. What can i do on hardware side to
make it work?

Thanks
Sharad Chandra