Re: [Freeipmi-users] problem with freeipmi 0.5.3 and intel SE7221BK1-E

From: Chris Morgan
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] problem with freeipmi 0.5.3 and intel SE7221BK1-E
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:43:45 -0500

On Jan 24, 2008 12:38 PM, Al Chu <address@hidden> wrote:
> As a follow up, it seems my script for loading the ipmi kernel driver
> was wrong.
>
>         /sbin/modprobe ipmi_msghandler
>         /sbin/modprobe ipmi_devintf
>         /sbin/modprobe ipmi_smb addr=0,0x42
>         /sbin/modprobe ipmi_watchdog
>
>         grep ipmidev /proc/devices
>         if [ $? != 0 ]; then
>                 echo "No IPMI device existed\n"
>                 exit 1;
>         fi
>         rm -f /dev/ipmi0
>         mknod /dev/ipmi0 c `grep ipmidev /proc/devices | awk "{print \\$1}"` 0
>
>         # set permissions
>         chgrp root /dev/ipmi0
>         chmod 644 /dev/ipmi0
>
> Which I found here:
>
> http://osdir.com/ml/linux.kernel.openipmi/2006-02/msg00008.html

I don't actually have ipmi_smb. I think that I'd need to download and
build openipmi to get that driver. I'm trying out the intel server
management 8.40 tools right now to see if they'll install on ubuntu
gutsy 32bit.

I've thought about trying the ipmi_smb driver but I've only got a
limited amount of time and it might take hours to get all of that
stuff built, configured and tested.

Chris