Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi to X4150/X4450

From: Shuichi Ihara
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi to X4150/X4450
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 01:24:01 +0900

Hi Al,

>> Here is a write paper of X4150/X4450.
>> http://www.sun.com/servers/x64/x4150/wp.pdf
>
> I'll add this.

Thanks.

>> One question:
>> If we have a cluster and that consists of Intel and AMD servers, how
>> we can use "two"
>> workaround word for each servers in /etc/ipmipower.conf?
>
> Dealing with heterogenous clusters with multiple non-compliant IPMI
> implementations wasn't something I had in mind early on :-)    But I
> know its a problem that I already have on my todo list.  I wrote about
> it here:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freeipmi-users/2008-03/msg00000.html

OK. If it's possible, one configuration file would be better, but I just wanted
to use the powerman with freeipmi. The current freeipmi supports "--config"
option.
So, that's useful and we can use two configuration files to be
/etc/powerman/powerman.conf.

e.g) a[01-04]s, i[01-04]s are service processor's (ILOM, eLOM) address for each
nodes

/etc/ipmipower_ilom.conf (for AMD servers, configured "endianseq" as workaround)
/etc/ipmipower_elom.conf (for Intel servers, configured "authcap")

/etc/powerman/powerman.conf
include "/etc/powerman/ipmipower.dev"
device "pow0" "ipmipower" "/usr/sbin/ipmipower -h a[01-04]s --config
/etc/ipmipower_ilom.conf |&"
node "a[01-04]" "pow0" "a[01-04]s"

device "pow1" "ipmipower" "/usr/sbin/ipmipower -h i[01-04]s --config
/etc/ipmipower_elom.conf |&"
node "i[01-04]" "pow1" "i[01-04]s"

MK your comments.

>> BTW, ipmi-fru still failing and can't dump all of fru information. It
> seems different issue.
>> # ipmi-fru -h 10.173.69.39  -u root -p changeme  -W "authcap"
>> -snip-
>>   FRU Get FRU Inventory Area Failure: bad completion code: request
> data/parameter invalid
>>   FRU Get FRU Inventory Area Failure: bad completion code: request
> data/parameter invalid
>> -snip-
>>
>> Please see attached dump file with "--debug" option.
>
> I'll take a look (will probably not get to this one till next week
> though.)

Thanks, I will make sure that you mentioned in another email about same testing
with
ipmitool to elom. I will update you soon.

Thanks again,

-Ihara