Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi to X4150/X4450

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi to X4150/X4450
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:23:51 -0700

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 09:40 -0700, Al Chu wrote:
> Hey Ihara,
>
> I found a bug on the way that was unrelated to this, but actually the
> MAC addresses are already output correctly.  But they only are output in
> verbose mode.  It seems you always ran w/ verbose mode the last time we
> dealt with this :-)
>
> I'm going to go through the code and see if I should maybe make some
> changes in how verbosity is interpreted.  When I originally wrote it, I
> think I only output "required fields" by default.  Then extra stuff is
> output in verbose mode (the MAC address fields you're seeing are in the
> "oem defined extra" section of the fru format).

Ok, so I've modified the "meaning" of verbose now in ipmi-fru.  Anything
that is defined in the spec will be output.  "verbose" outputs extra
error messages, and "very verbose" adds in insane detailed information
(i.e. language code 0x03 used).  B/c I don't want to change ipmi-fru's
behavior right now, I'll keep this change until I release 0.7.1.

Al

> Al
>
> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 22:44 +0900, Shuichi Ihara wrote:
> > Al,

> > > I'm thinking this is a problem on the firmware.  I'll punt that issue
> > > off to you guys at Sun :-)
> >
> > picked up :) Thanks for your investigation.
> > I will try to ask internal right person about this issue.

> > > I guess a corner case in the parsing.  Could you send me the --debug
> > > output?
> >
> > Please see attached file.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Ihara