Re: [Freeipmi-users] Problem with ipmi-sensors version 0.6.6

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Problem with ipmi-sensors version 0.6.6
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:03:45 -0700

Hey Rohit,

Get Sensor Reading Response
[              2Dh] = cmd[ 8b]
[              CDh] = comp_code[ 8b]
ipmi_cmd_get_sensor_reading_discrete: bad completion code: request
data/parameter invalid

the completion code CDh == "command illegal for specified sensor or
record byte"

If I had to guess, this is a bug on your motherboard.  I haven't the
slightest clue why it would return error code this for the given sensor.
The "SDR Compact Sensor Record" looks fine and looks like a reasonable
sensor.  The ascii in the record indicates this is "cpu0.mem0".

I'll put a workaround in ipmi-sensors and ipmimonitoring to ignore this
error and output "unknown" or something like that for those sensors.
I'll mail you a URL for the tar.gz offline.

Al

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 11:39 +0530, Rohit Jog wrote:
> Sure,
> Please find the attachment !
>
> --
> Thanks and Regards,