RE: [Freeipmi-users] Resolving error: "could not find inbanddevice"

From: michael
Subject: RE: [Freeipmi-users] Resolving error: "could not find inbanddevice"
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 20:09:16 -0500

Hi Al,

The whole point of this is that I want to compile freeipmi and then use the
output files for distribution on our many other nodes.  I think you are
asking me to compile freeipmi, so that I could then do the "make install"
which makes everything work on the machine I compiled on.  So I would have
to compile freeipmi on all the other machines.  And to make matters worse,
we are using a LiveCD on each of those machines so part of the boot up
process either requires a remastering of the CD or compiling freeipmi as
part of the boot up process, which we need to avoid.

Again, all of our machines are clones of each other: same hardware/software

I see that freeipmi creates these other directories as part of the make
install:
        usr/etc
        usr/var  (if if isn't already there)

As part of the copy process, again here is my distribution method:

1.  Copy all freeipmi binaries (ipmi*, bmc*, rmpping, pef-config to usr/sbin
2.  Copy all freeipmi libraries to /usr/lib64 (also create the symlinks that
the make install does)
3.  Copy the entire /usr/etc directory to the target computer. (freeipmi
creates this directory and puts stuff in it during make install).

Respectfully Yours,
Michael Vitale
8403 Tobin Rd.
Annandale, VA 22003