RE: [Freeipmi-users] Resolving error: "could not find inbanddevice"

From: michael
Subject: RE: [Freeipmi-users] Resolving error: "could not find inbanddevice"
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:42:21 -0500

 Hi Al,

Success!

Finally got all the stuff I needed for exporting the binary stuff.  Here are
the details in case others want to go down this path.  This example is using
finnix, so the output binary path may vary a bit from one linux flavor to
another.

1.  Compile freeipmi and as the final step, do the "make install", which
puts binary stuff in operating system-specific directories.

2.  Extract freeipmi binaries from the following directories (assuming /usr
is the binary output root path)
        /usr/sbin (bmc*, ipmi*, pef-config, rmcpping)
        /usr/lib64 (or lib if not 64 bit, libipmi*)
        /usr/etc
        /usr/var

3.  Make sure you recreate the library symlinks after deploying to a target
computer.

Respectfully Yours,
Michael Vitale
address@hidden