[Freeipmi-users] Errors in Compiling FreeIPMI-0.7.3.beta1.tar.gz on Free

From: Won De Erick
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Errors in Compiling FreeIPMI-0.7.3.beta1.tar.gz on FreeBSD7.1Beta2
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:37:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

The installation of freeipmi from tarbal has been my problem in FreeBSD(even in
6.2 before). No problem when installing this from ports, but I should want to
try the latest one as the ported one is not automatically updated.  AFAIK, the
dependencies are the below:

security/libgpg-error
security/libgcrypt
devel/argp-standalone

I started installing libcrypt. This was successfully installed. Then proceed w/
freeipmi
(http://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/freeipmi/qa-release/freeipmi-0.7.3.beta1.tar.gz)
compilation.

I always get errors like:

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for g77... no
checking for f77... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for frt... no

Then end up with
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for gcry_md_open in -lgcrypt... no
configure: error: libgcrypt required to build libfreeipmi

Attached are the logs for installing libcrypt and compiling freeipmi.

Any help pls.

Thanks,

Won