Re: [Freeipmi-users] VLAN configuration for the Supermicro AOC-SIMSO?

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] VLAN configuration for the Supermicro AOC-SIMSO?
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:03:38 -0800

Hey Patrick,

I have a number of supermicro boards as well, and they do not support
VLAN configuration via IPMI.  So I would bet that it's just not
supported on your motherboards as well.  We can verify if you run
--checkout along with --debug (and --section=lan_conf to shorten the
output).  You should get some debug output indicating vlan parameters
can't be checked out, like:

pwoprjr2: IPMI Command Data:
pwoprjr2: [               2h] = cmd[ 8b]
pwoprjr2: [              80h] = comp_code[ 8b]
pwoprjr2: IPMI Trailer:
pwoprjr2: [               2h] = checksum2[ 8b]
ipmi_cmd_get_lan_configuration_parameters_vlan_id: bad completion code

the 80h in the completion code means "parameter not supported".

Al