[Freeipmi-users] Intel S3210SH: no "Enable_User"

From: Gerben Roest
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Intel S3210SH: no "Enable_User"
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 01:51:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I use an Intel S3210SH board (on-board ipmi) but when I do "bmc-config -D
open -o" I don't get a line "Enable_User" in the users list. I have
checked with "ipmitool user summary 1" and it says also "Enabled User
Count  : 0". Even when I add the line "Enable_User Yes" and commit. And
also when I do it in ipmitool: "ipmitool user enable 3"  (user nr 3 is my
admin user) it's still not enabled. With this problem I can not connect
from another machine.

Has anyone seen this behaviour or am I doing something wrong? I have the
latest freeipmi and the latest BIOS.

thanks,

Gerben