[Freeipmi-users] Re: [FreeIPMI] default bmc

From: Al Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Re: [FreeIPMI] default bmc
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:41:26 -0700

Hey Nicolas,

I don't believe there is a IPMI standard way to reset the BMC back to
the manufacturer defaults.  A few vendors have OEM extensions to allow
for this.  In ipmi-oem, I currently support it for Dell Poweredge
motherboards, but that's it.  If you can bug your manufacturer for an
OEM extension, we can add it to ipmi-oem.

Al