Re: [Freeipmi-users] Nuvoton WPCM450 SOL not working

From: Kimitoshi Takahashi
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Nuvoton WPCM450 SOL not working
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 14:16:18 +0900

Hi Al,

Thanks for the quick response.
Both worked fine.
I can get getty prompt on ttyS2.

Here are the outputs.
address@hidden:~/SRC$ /usr/ccmp/sbin/ipmiconsole --version
ipmiconsole - 0.7.15.beta0

address@hidden:~/SRC$ /usr/ccmp/sbin/ipmiconsole -h 192.168.20.199 -u ADMIN -p
ADMIN
[SOL established]

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 lenny64 ttyS2

lenny64 login:
[closing the connection]

address@hidden:~/SRC$ /usr/ccmp/sbin/ipmiconsole --version
ipmiconsole - 0.7.15.beta1
Copyright (C) 2007-2008 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC.
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 The Regents of the University of California.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.

address@hidden:~/SRC$ /usr/ccmp/sbin/ipmiconsole -h 192.168.20.199 -u ADMIN -p
ADMIN -W solstatus
[SOL established]

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 lenny64 ttyS2

lenny64 login:
[closing the connection]

I still cann't get POST messages and BIOS output through SOL channel.
It seems the BIOS is not redirecting Console output to COM3, which is
redirected to LAN.
But I think it certainly is a BIOS issue, not of freeipmi.

I'll ask supermicro about this.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Kimitoshi Takahashi