[Freeipmi-users] FreeIPMI 0.7.X future support

From: Al Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] FreeIPMI 0.7.X future support
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 11:05:35 -0800

Hey everyone,

Just as a note to everyone.  Very soon (probably early next week), I'm
going to release FreeIPMI 0.8.1.

I've decided that I will continue to support releases in the 0.7.X
stable line.  The reasons being:

A) the change between 0.7.X to 0.8.X is huge, and I understand some have
legacy support needs

B) 0.7.X is in a number of distros (Fedora, RHEL, Debian, and probably
some other distros).

I will not regularly/actively backport bugs, workarounds, etc., but I
will do so on a "on demand" basis.  In other words, people have to
harass me on the mailing lists :-)

Thanks,