[Freeipmi-users] set operations on hostlists?

From: Dave Love
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] set operations on hostlists?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:08:26 +0000

While I'm on, I'd meant to ask about something which isn't
freeipmi-specific, but at least directly related to what I'm doing with
it, and I don't know if there's a better place to ask.

Is there anything available for doing set operations on hostlists of the
form freeipmi uses?  Obviously union is trivial, but I'm interested
particularly in difference, to remove a few exceptions from a longish
list.

A relevant application of this is for feeding out-of-band sensor
measurements to ganglia while excluding nodes known to be down, so that
ganglia doesn't register them as alive due to metrics arriving from
gmetric rather than gmond.