Re: [Freeipmi-users] help

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] help
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 11:31:06 -0800

Hi Al, I think if you put out a tiny bootable image with GNU FreeIPMI, it will
help a lot
in quick testing and troubleshooting. We can always ask users to validate from
this image
and identify quickly if this is a OS/driver issue or hardware issue.

Al Chu wrote:
Hi Abraham,

This error means (well, quite literally) that an inband device couldn't
be found.  For example, the proper device isn't loaded (i.e. /dev/ipmi)
or that the devices could not be probed via something like dmi.

It's possible the BMC on the motherboard is dead.  Do you have another
identical motherboard?  It may be interesting to see if the outputs of
ipmi-locate are identical.

Al