Re: [Freeipmi-users] Disabled temp sensors

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Disabled temp sensors
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 10:48:28 -0700

Hey Eric,

Ahhhh.  That would do it.  The slave address is probably wrong in the
SDR.  When you run w/ bridging, the sensors attempts to bridge to an
address that is probably non-functional/illegal.

LMK what your final patch looks like.  I can work it into a workaround
of some sort for ipmi-sensors.  (e.g.
--workaround-flags=assumebmcslaveaddr).

How does ipmi-sel look like?  I'm wondering if SEL events are reporting
right/wrong slave addresses and sensor related outputs are outputting
correctly or not.

> My fans still look messed up.

It certainly depends on if the SDR is correct or not.  From the output
below, it looks as though the Fans are "transition" fans.  They only
report the transition state instead of fan instead of an RPM.  If they
aren't "transition" fans, then the SDR might be wrong which is leading
to this kind of output.

BTW, you forgot the debug output from your previous e-mail.

Al