Re: [Freeipmi-users] problems with bmc-watchdog

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] problems with bmc-watchdog
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 17:34:21 +0100

Al Chu <address@hidden> writes:

> Well this answers why you're getting "timer stopped by another process".
> For whatever reason, the timer never goes from "Stopped" to "Running."
> Even after the timer is clearly enabled and counting down.

Yes, I should have figured that out, though I wasn't sure what exactly
the daemon mode.

> Perhaps I can edit the code to do some workaround check to see if the
> countdown is changing.  If it is, assume the timer is running regardless
> of what the flag says??  I'm willing to give it a shot if you're
> interested.

Thanks.  I've just realized that (surprisingly) there's been a fairly
recent firmware update for the Thumper, but Sun account logins are
broken currently, so I can't get at it or even read the release notes.
I'll get back to you when I've had a chance to look at that, though I
doubt it will fix the issue.