[Freeipmi-users] Re: ipmiconsole hangs at [SOL established]

From: Amit Belani
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Re: ipmiconsole hangs at [SOL established]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:12:03 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Al,

Yes, I am trying to get an agetty prompt.

I can use other FreeIPMI tools such as ipmipower just fine. Using --debug with
ipmiconsole shows a continuous stream of scrollable text written to the screen
after having received [SOL established] .

I've no BIOS options to pick a COM port for IPMI redirection.

/etc/inittab has mention of tty1 through tty6, but no mention of tty0.

Thanks.