Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi support with HP iLO2 servers initial success!

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi support with HP iLO2 servers initial success!
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:11:49 -0700

Hi Chris,

> For freeipmi (ipmipower) I found the following combination worked:
> ---
> # ipmipower -h cut0iogw1-ilo -s
> cut0iogw1-ilo: authentication type unavailable for attempted privilege level

This isn't good.  It suggests that the HP firmware might be returning
bad/poor information in the Get Authentication Capabilities phase of
IPMI.  Does ipmipower work if you also specify the authcap workaround?
(-W authcap).

If it does work, then there is a bug.  Perhaps you can send me a --debug
output and we can take a look to figure out what the bug is.

Al