Re: [Freeipmi-users] RE: compiling error on Solaris (SPARC) hardware

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] RE: compiling error on Solaris (SPARC) hardware
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:25:04 -0800

Hi,

----
false
cru .libs/libconfigtoolcommon.a .libs/libconfigtoolcommon_la-config-tool-argp.o
.libs/libconfigtoolcommon_la-config-tool-comment.o
.libs/libconfigtoolcommon_la-config-tool-checkout.o
.libs/libconfigtoolcommon_la-config-tool-commit.o
.libs/libconfigtoolcommon_la-config-tool-diff.o
.libs/libconfigtoolcommon_la-config-tool-parse.o
.libs/libconfigtoolcommon_la-config-tool-pef-conf-section.o
.libs/libconfigtoolcommon_la-config-tool-section.o
.libs/libconfigtoolcommon_la-config-tool-utils.o
.libs/libconfigtoolcommon_la-config-tool-validate.o
----

Ahhh, good thing for google, it appears the "false cru" together is the
error message (I misread it as two things).

It appears to be something with your setup.  I found this in one thread:

> the problem is resolved. the $PATH didn't include the /usr/ccs/bin, so
> the configure script couldn't find the ar.

and found in another thread that the path to 'make' was invalid.  So I
think you'll have to experiment and tweak to figure out the problem.

Hope that helps,

Al