[Freeipmi-users] error while loading shared libraries: libfreeipmi.so.10

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] error while loading shared libraries: libfreeipmi.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:55:31 +0100

Hi,

I recently compiled freeipmi-1.0.1 on a Debian Lenny system with a simple "./configure && make && make install".
When I tried to run "/usr/local/sbin/ipmi-locate" (or other tools) I got:

    /usr/local/sbin/ipmi-locate: error while loading shared libraries:
libfreeipmi.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Searching the mailinglist, I found I had to "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib" to get it to work. LD_LIBRARY_PATH was empty before. I couldnĀ“t find anything in INSTALL or README about it. Is this supposed to be this way?

Cheers
Lars