Re: [Freeipmi-users] Intel S3420GP invalid integrity check value

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Intel S3420GP invalid integrity check value
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:24:52 -0700

Hey David,

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 17:15 -0700, David Liontooth wrote:
> On 05/19/2011 01:02 AM, Albert Chu wrote:
> > Some intel motherboards have a lot of IPMI non-compliance issues.  In
> > FreeIPMI, I'd suggest trying out some of the workarounds listed in the
> > manpage.  I currently see 3 Intel motherboards w/ workarounds available:
> > "intel20", "opensesspriv", and "integritycheckvalue" that could be used
> > w/ -W. (e.g. -W opensesspriv).
> Thanks! As I said, in this case it worked with ipmitool by removing -o
> intelplus.
>
> This also works:
>
> ipmi-sensors -D lan_2_0 -h bmc-ip -u admin -p pw -W opensesspriv -i
> ipmi-fru -D lan_2_0 -h bmc-ip -u admin -p pw -W opensesspriv
>
> Without the workaround, I get "password invalid".
>
> The error messages in ipmi have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Yeah, unfortunately there's not much I can do when the vendor implements
something wrong.  IIRC, in this case, the remote machine is reporting to
the client invalid "checks".  Normally, this means the password was
wrong, but in this motherboard's case, it's b/c they were doing a hash
incorrectly.

> Can you set this up with a daemon and e-mail warnings?

You mean like when sensors are out of whack?  Or when a SEL entry
reports an issue?

Al