[Freeipmi-users] Dell ipmi-oem chassis slot availability?

From: DeRamus, Chris
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Dell ipmi-oem chassis slot availability?
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 06:39:24 -0800

I've just learned about the wonders of IPMI this past month and have re-written
our inventory system from scratch to take advantage of the data the FreeIPMI
suite of tools provides easy access to. Right now the only drawback is that I
have to run a secondary script at each co-location to access each of our Dell
M1000e chassis, running proprietary racadm command over SSH to correlate which
10g/11g PowerEdge blades are running in the various slots. I've been digging
through the documentation in hopes of finding either a oem command that I can
run or even a ipmi-raw command that can be passed to each blade to pull this
data, but so far I've come up short.

Has anyone on this list been able to identify a method to capture this
particular information? Dell's OMSA utility also provides the slot information
as seen in the output below.

#> omreport chassis info
Chassis Information

Index                                    : 0
Chassis Name                             : Main System Chassis
Host Name                                : xxxxxxxxxxxx
iDRAC6 Version                           : 1.60
Chassis Model                            : PowerEdge M600
Chassis Lock                             : Not Present
Chassis Service Tag                      : XX11YY2
Server Module Service Tag                : YY11XX2
Server Module Location                   : Slot 14 <-- This is what I need
Flash chassis identify LED state         : Off
Flash chassis identify LED timeout value : 300

Thanks in advance for the time guys.

--Chris