[Freeipmi-users] DCMI Issue with FreeIPMI

From: Jacob M
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] DCMI Issue with FreeIPMI
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 21:38:45 -0400

        On my server, I am using FreeIPMI, and trying to get power usage via
DCMI.

When running this command:

address@hidden ~]# ipmi-dcmi --get-dcmi-capability-info

I have this result (part of the results):

Chassis Power                              : Compliant with DCMI Specification
Power Management / Monitoring Support      : Available

So, I would assume my system is compatible with DCMI. However, when running the
following DCMI command, I get a very odd result:

address@hidden ~]# ipmi-dcmi --get-system-power-statistics
Current Power                        : 0 Watts
Minimum Power over sampling duration : 0 watts
Maximum Power over sampling duration : 0 watts
Average Power over sampling duration : 0 watts
Time Stamp                           : 12/31/1969 - 19:00:00
Statistics reporting time period     : 0 milliseconds
Power Measurement                    : Not Available

It seems the null results are showing. Do you have any why? From my research,
it seems it should be working.

Thank you.