Re: [Freeipmi-users] DCMI Issue with FreeIPMI

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] DCMI Issue with FreeIPMI
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 12:08:52 -0700

Hi Jacob,

Well there's several answers.

A) It's possible your motherboard advertises support for DCMI but
actually doesn't.  I've seen some motherboards like this.  It's a bug
from the vendor.  You'd have to ping your vendor for the definite answer
to whether your motherboard supports DCMI.

B) The power config may not be configured.  See --get-power-limit and
--set-power-limit.  The most important config is the sampling period.
If it's set to 0, your system may not be sampling at all.

C) There may be a mechanism needed to enable DCMI that's independent of
FreeIPMI on your motherboard.  Perhaps a setting in the BIOS.

Hope that helps,

Al