[Freeipmi-users] How do I use ipmi-sensors-config output (from remote se

From: Brandon
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] How do I use ipmi-sensors-config output (from remote server) with check_ipmi_sensors plugin in nagios?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:30:16 -0400

Hi All,
 I would like to know how I can tell check_ipmi_sensors plugin perl script
to update its knowledge of a remote server . It currently sees that 8 fans
are possible, and only reads 3 fans working. I have only 3 fans installed.
The output from the ipmi-sensors-config command shows the proper number of
fans ( as does the Supermicro IPMI View GUI utility.) Nagios however throws
critical errors showing that 5 fans are at speed 0. I was hoping I could
somehow use the output from ipmi-sensors-config --checkout put into a file,
and transfer it to the nagios server, and whenever I make a call to the
check_ipmi_sensors plugin, send that as a config file. However, if I try
and use that file directly as -F $ARG$ argument for the config file, it
goes into an UNKNOWN state and complain about line 1 unknown configuration
option "Section". Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.