[Freeipmi-users] Problem with ipmi-oem and Dell Poweredge R420

From: Nicolas T
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Problem with ipmi-oem and Dell Poweredge R420
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:00:40 +0100

Hello Freeipmi users,

I've got troubles with ipmi-oem.

I use it in production on about 200 debian servers (HP and Dell). Not to
maintain a manufacturer static list, I use the ipmi-oem tool to test if I
am querying an HP or a Dell. I query their IDRAC or ILO card directly.

I didnt get troubles yet with HP and Dell poweredge R410 (with IDRAC6).

We receive new Poweredge R420 with IDRAC7, and the ipmi-oem is always
failing with "ipmi_ctx_open_outofband: session timeout".

My command is
ipmi-oem -h 10.10.10.7 -u administrator -P dell get-system-info service-tag

I tried with debian package version 0.7.17~beta2-1 and also with the latest
hand made compile 1.2.4 and get the same problem.

In the same time querying my IDRAC7 with "ipmitool" is working fine. My
grants are OK on the IDRAC, ipmi is open over IP etc.

Could you help me to solve it please?

Thanks in advance.
JC