Re: [Freeipmi-users] SDR cache invalid on Fujitsu RX300/200-S8

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] SDR cache invalid on Fujitsu RX300/200-S8
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 07:24:37 -0800

Hi Matthias,

I had to add a workaround on some Fujitsu servers awhile back b/c there was
a bug on those systems (originally found on Fujitsu RX 100).  The bug was
that the Fujitsu server reported the incorrect number of SDR records than
actually existed.

It seems this bug exists on your server (as indicated by the 208 out of
277), so I have a decent guess what happeened.  In FreeIPMI 1.3, I added
checksums into the SDR cache to protect against cache corruption (e.g. disk
errors).  However, it seems this does not account for the Fujitsu
workaround, so I think some of the checksum calculations are off.  I think
it's a pretty easy fix.

Could you run ipmi-sensors w/ --debug and send me the output?  If you're
building from source, running "configure --enable-debug --enable-trace"
would give me even more information.

Another thing you can try is to try FreeIPMI version 1.2.9 and see if the
problem goes away.  If it works with 1.2.9 that would almost certainly mean
I'm not handling the checksum case w/ the Fujitsu workaround correctly.

Thanks,
Al