[Freeipmi-users] bmc-config -o not dumping the whole config

From: Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] bmc-config -o not dumping the whole config
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 00:02:18 +0100

Hi,

> If I had to guess, it's possible the onboard IPMI is getting
> overwhelmed and things are internally causing errors (thus the
> randomness).
>
> Could you post the --debug output, and maybe we can get to the bottom
> of this.

Sorry for not getting back earlier with a response. I tried dumping the config with --debug and now it aborts with these kinds of error messages at random points during the output depending on where it aborts:

ipmi_cmd_get_user_name: internal IPMI error

ipmi_cmd_get_lan_configuration_parameters_authentication_type_enables: internal IPMI error

fiid_obj_get: 'cipher_suite_id_entry_A': data not available

On an older installation (centos 5) on the same hardware with freeipmi 1.0.2 I cannot reproduce this issue. I'm going to build a package with 1.0.2 for the newer installations (centos 6) to see if this fixes the issues there as well. This might give an indication if there is something wrong with the systems/bios/etc. or freeipmi.

Regards,
  Dennis