[Freeipmi-users] Problem monitoring vFlash sensor on Dell PowerEdge 620

From: Peter Piela
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Problem monitoring vFlash sensor on Dell PowerEdge 620
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 15:31:53 +0000

I am using freeipmi 1.4.4 to monitor a Dell PowerEdge R620, and having problems
with the vFlash sensor. The OEM return code is being interpreted as Absent,
Failed; however, the component appears to be in good health, and ipmitool is
reporting the condition as ok.

77  | vFlash           | Module/Board             | N/A        | N/A   | 'OEM
Event = 0021h'

77  | vFlash           | Module/Board             | N/A        | N/A   |
'Absent' 'Failed'

I tried to modify the freeipmi_interpret_sensor.conf to deal with this, but was
not successful. Any help in addressing this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Peter