Re: [Freeipmi-users] get some strange 'PS Status' ouput

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] get some strange 'PS Status' ouput
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 10:27:52 -0700

ipmi-sensors is indicating that the sensor is reporting unknown values.
Hypothetically, lets say that 0x01, 0x02, and 0x04 are the only legal
power supply sensor outputs.  When the power supply reports 0x08 or
0x10, ipmi-sensors reports these events as unrecognized.

To clean up the output, you can use --ignore-unrecognized-events

Why your power supply is reporting these is certainly strange.  Perhaps
there's a bug in supermicro's board or these are OEM specific events
that FreeIPMI presently doesn't know about.

Al