Re: [Freeipmi-users] Hello. I have a problem.

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Hello. I have a problem.
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 17:34:01 -0800

When passing multiple hosts on the command line, you are connecting to
all hosts simultaneously.  Normally, you pass in multiple hosts to
connect to different hosts simultaneously.  I'm assuming the below is
only for testing.

In your test example below, you are connecting 9 hosts simultaneously to
the same host.  You are likely overloading the BMC's limits, thus the
"BMC busy" error.

You need to reduce the number of simultaneous connections to that same
host.  Using the --fanout/-F option could work to do this.  It defaults
to 64, but if you set it to something low like 2-4, it might slow down
the number of simultaneous connections and allow ipmi-sensors to succeed
in this testing situation.

Al