Re: [Freeipmi-users] Do ipmifree support features like snmp trap?

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Do ipmifree support features like snmp trap?
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 11:09:56 -0700

Hi,

The IPMI standard supports configuration for generation of SNMP traps.

FreeIPMI itself doesn't have a service to receive the SNMP traps.  There
are other tools out there that specifically deal with receiving SNMP
traps, so we leave it to users to use those tools.

FreeIPMI does however support tools to parse the results of an SNMP
trap.  So users can configure SNMP services to call FreeIPMI to parse
the results.

I hope that clarifies things.  Perhaps this document will help:

https://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/README.petalert

Al