[Freeipmi-users] Active Sensors

From: Ludwinski, Richard D
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Active Sensors
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 16:48:42 +0000

I am wondering how you can determine if a sensor is active/enabled using
freeIPMI library.

When the server is powered off the sensors are not active/enabled.  The IPMI
web server seems to know that.  When the server is powered on, the web server
then show the status correctly.  But when I am using the freeIPMI library and
reading the sensors I do not know how to determine if the data I am reading is
valid or not.  Any help in pointing to the correct command(s) would be
appreciated.

Thank you,

Richard Ludwinski
The Boeing Company