[Freeipmi-users] Decoding ram errors on supermicro

From: Tom Hetmer
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Decoding ram errors on supermicro
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 17:55:49 +0100

Hi,

it'd be good if freeipmi supported decoding the supermicro ECC errors.

Manufacturer: Supermicro
Product Name: X10DRH LN4
eg.
freeipmi
1,Dec-01-2018,06:37:53,Sensor #0,Memory,Critical,Uncorrectable memory error ;
OEM Event Data2 code = 3Ah ; OEM Event Data3 code = 81h

web interface
1 | 12/01/2018 | 06:37:53 | Memory | Uncorrectable ECC (@DIMMG1(CPU2)) |
Asserted

something like this worked for me (stolen from ipmiutil)

$cpu = ($data3 & 0x03) + 1;

$NPAIRS = 26;
$rgpairs = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ";

$bdata = "0x".$data2.$data3;
$bdata = hexdec($bdata);
$pair = (($bdata & 0xF0) >> 4) - 1;

if ($pair < 0) $pair = 0;
if ($pair > $NPAIRS) $pair = $NPAIRS - 1;

$pair = $rgpairs[$pair - 1];

$dimm = $bdata & 0x0F;

$dimm may be incorrect as the original code decrements 9, but on that board it
was wrong so i changed it to get the right result - we'll see if it keeps
getting the right values.

Best,
Tom Hetmer

CDN77 Operations